Which version: Rev_0300 or Rev_0400
1. Plug in the adapter and open the device manager.
- If the driver is loaded, you'll see the device under ports, probably with a Yellow !
- If the driver isn't loaded it will likely appear under Other (or unknown?) Devices.
3. Go to the details tab in the top right.
4. Click the drop down box and choose Harware IDs.
5. Note if it says Rev_0300 or Rev_0400
Which Driver Version
- Rev_0400 works with the lasest drivers from the Prolific Website (Xp, Win7 32 or 64.)
- Rev_0300 needs older drivers XP: driver version 184.108.40.206. Windows 7 (32 and 64) version 220.127.116.11. Download it HERE or HERE
1. Run the application VISTA.EXE to install the drivers. Open the device manager and the adapter should be present under Port and may be showing a yellow ! exclamation mark showing in the device manager and reporting Code 10. (If it looks normal, it's already good to go)
2. Right click the device (in the device manager) and choose update driver. Don't let windows update automatically - you need to pick from a list.
After clicking update drvier choose:
- Browse My Computer for Drvier Sowftware
- Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port version [version] > Next